Our church history
In 1945 the Lombard Mission was established in an old laundry building on the Northeast corner of Newton and Tacoma. It was one of four missions sponsored by Nogales Avenue Baptist Church. Soon after, a building was finished on the northeast corner of Phoenix & Oklahoma. It is now a workshop.
In 1948, property was acquired at the southeast corner of Osage and Newton for a church . The Lombard Mission became Osage Hills Baptist Church on July 17, 1949. This date is considered the anniversary for the founding church.
In 1952 the new church was completed and dedicated at the new site. An educational building was added in 1954 (built by volunteer labor), and in 1973 the Fellowship Hall, kitchen and several classrooms were completed and dedicated.
In 1972, the church was renamed Gilcrease Hills Baptist Church.
For 70 years faithful Southern Baptists have sought to reach out to their community for Jesus Christ. Their faithfulness and love have been blessed by God.
Cynthia Ward, Administrator
Mary Oliver, Secretary
Lisa Jones, Treasurer
Joyce Chapman, Music Director
GHBC deacon board